Monday, May 25, 2009

1/4

If I were to believe the article posted in Wikipedia, I guess I am having a quarter life crisis, which is a bit premature since I think I am too young for that. But looking over the characteristics of people experiencing this life crisis, there are many items that I could RELATE to! Here are the characteristics mentioned in the Wikipedia article with the for some items I feel strongly about.

  • feeling "not good enough" because one can't find a job that is at one's academic/intellectual level
  • frustration with relationships, the working world, and finding a suitable job or career
  • confusion of identity
  • insecurity regarding the near future
  • insecurity concerning long-term plans, life goals
  • insecurity regarding present accomplishments
  • re-evaluation of close interpersonal relationships
  • disappointment with one's job
  • nostalgia for university, college, high school or elementary school life , particularly college
  • tendency to hold stronger opinions
  • boredom with social interactions
  • loss of closeness to high school and college friends high school, sadly yes
  • financially-rooted stress (overwhelming college loans, unanticipatedly high cost of living, etc.)
  • loneliness
  • desire to have children too young to think about that
  • a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you
Basically, it all boils down to INSECURITY!
I really hope that I get through with this. Life after graduation has been so rough for me. I will not give up, I will continue to search for what will make me feel fulfilled and at the same time learn when and how to be contented.

No comments: