Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Spotlight: Sigwa

The 2010 Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival will feature a new category this year for established directors called "Director's Showcase" and one of the competing film this year is Joel Lamangan's "Sigwa" and the company I'm working, Beginnings at Twenty Plus, Inc" is one of the producers of this film. Although, I was never part of the team who worked on this film, I'm still proud of this because I've seen how my co-workers and bosses really worked hard for this film. I hope it will be a success. I saw scenes of the film when an officemate near my workspace was previewing the film and I must say this is an interesting film. Sigwa is a film about a set of activists during the Martial Law era who crossed paths again 40 years after and finding out how much their views have changed over the years. This film's cast includes Zsa Zsa Padilla, Gina Alajar, Tirso Cruz III, Marvin Agustin, Pauleen Luna, Megan Young, Lovie Poe, Ayen Laurel, Rico Barerra, Jay Aquitania, Jim Pebanco and Ms. Dawn Zulueta. As you see most of the stars are veteran actors and you would actually think this film is from a major film production but this film was build on a tight budget and the actors willingly accepted a smaller talent fee mainly because they really believe in this project. The 2010 Cinemalaya Independent Film Festivawill be held from July 9 to 18 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP).

No comments: