Wednesday, January 26, 2011

83rd Oscar Awards Original Song Nominees

This is my favorite category because well I love music :) We only 4 nominees this year instead of the usual 5 which means the music division of the Academy didn't like a lot of the songs that were qualified because only 4 songs had a passing "grade" to be nominated. Anyway, listen to the four nominated songs below. I personally like "I See The Light" because it's such a Disney classic tune, reminds me of my childhood haha. The other 3 songs are good too and I think AR Rahman and Dido's "If I Rise" from "127 Hours" will win this one.

“Coming Home”
from "Country Strong"
Music and Lyric by Tom Douglas, Troy Verges and Hillary Lindsey
Performed by Gwyneth Paltrow




“I See the Light” from "Tangled"
Music by Alan Menken, Lyric by Glenn Slater
Performed by Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi



“If I Rise” from "127 Hours"
Music by A.R. Rahman, Lyric by Dido and Rollo Armstrong
Performed by Dido & A.R Rahman



“We Belong Together” from "Toy Story 3"
Music and Lyric by Randy Newman

No comments: